A battery is a small electrical device that provides electrical power to your vehicle. It is used to charge and recharge the battery of your vehicle. When a battery dies, it can be challenging to start your vehicle or even charge the battery. Therefore, you must know all the signs of a dying battery to avoid any potential problems. A dying car battery is a warning sign that you must get your car serviced or replaced.
Signs of a Dying Battery
The following are 5 signs of a dying car battery:
- Battery drains faster than usual - This is because the dying battery starts to lose power significantly. This will mean that a journey that you used to drive 5 hours will be halved to 2.5 hours or even less.
- Car won't start - This means that the batteries are no longer able to provide power to the engine or other parts of your vehicle. If this happens while you are in the middle of nowhere or on a busy highway, it may take the servicemen a while to get to you. Best be sure to inspect your car regularly so that a dying battery won't inconvenience you.
- Engine light turns on - This is a sure-fire easy way to notice whatever is wrong with your car's internal equipment. You will see the engine light come on, and this should prompt you to inspect it to make sure everything is functioning as it should.
- Car is sluggish and doesn't accelerate as it should - This is not a good sign. When a car doesn't accelerate as it should, it is usually due to some kind of problem with the car's engine. It could be something as simple as a clogged fuel filter or something more severe like a dying battery.
- Battery is leaking fluid - If you leak either one of these terminals, there will be an adverse effect on your car's performance, and it may not start at all. That is why it is so important to keep an eye out for signs that your battery fluid is leaking or that your battery terminal is corroded or damaged in any way.
Battery Services in Aberdeen, SD
If you pick up on any of the mentioned signs, you will need to call an electrician or mechanic who can replace the damaged part and repair the damage caused by the failed battery. If you need a car battery replacement, we invite you to bring your vehicle to Eddie's Northside Sinclair today!