Many Americans will be spending the upcoming Memorial Day weekend on the road. Whether you are going to visit friends/family, swim at the beach or pool, or have your first picnic, there are some things you should know about road travel.
Read on to learn about the safety precautions you should take for the holiday driving:
- With many celebrations going on, it’s safe to assume that many individuals will be consuming alcohol. If you plan on drinking, please designate a sober driver.
- Pay attention to the road whenever you are driving, and avoid all distractions
- Stay well-rested when driving
- Always use your seat belt
- Proceed carefully and slowly through construction zones
- Don’t follow behind other vehicles too closely
- Don’t let your gas tank get too low
- Bring a car emergency kit with you – include a first aid kit, jumper cables, flashlight, batteries, water, non-perishable foods, blankets, tire kit, and other items that may save you from road trouble
- Don’t forget to make use of rest stops
- If you’ve got a long drive ahead of you, try your best to leave early to avoid heavy traffic.
We hope you all enjoy your Memorial Day weekend and have safe travels. If your car requires service or maintenance, please do not hesitate to stop by Eddie’s Northside Sinclair for spectacular services.