You need a good working suspension system to ensure smooth and comfortable drives in your car, SUV, or truck. When your everyday car rides start feeling like you're on an off-road trail, there's a good chance you need to replace your worn shocks and struts. The shocks and struts are in charge of absorbing the impacts on the road and preventing your car from shaking. Furthermore, they support the overall handling of your vehicle.
Unfortunately, shocks and struts can wear down over time. And they can suffer from premature wear from bad driving habits (flying over speed bumps, ramming into potholes, etc.). Read on to learn more about the tell-tale signs you need suspension replacement.
Signs That Indicate You Need Your Shocks & Struts Replaced
- Your vehicle tips or leans to one side when your make turns
- You experience instability when driving at high speeds
- The rear-end of your vehicle squats, while the front-end rises when accelerating
- The front-end dips when your brake
- You notice your tires wearing unevenly
- Your car excessively shakes and bounces when going over minor bumps in the road
- There are fluid leaks near the struts and shocks area
As you can guess, driving with poor shocks and struts doesn't just affect your ride quality, but it can also spread damage to other parts like your tires. This is why you should keep an eye out for the above signs.
We highly urge you not to put off needed suspension repairs. If your shocks and struts are no longer effective, please bring your vehicle to our Aberdeen auto repair shop. Our certified technicians can thoroughly inspect your suspension parts to determine what repairs are needed. The sooner you fix this problem; the smoother and safer your commutes will be.
We welcome you to give Eddie's Northside Sinclair for all your automotive needs, including suspension repairs. We look forward to hearing from you!